Monday, 29 March 2010

Thing 1 and Thing 2: Set up your Google ID and explore iGoogle




Resisting the urge to start Dr Seuss rhyming...

I already have iGoogle set up as my homepage on my home computer. I find it useful as I have my Gmail, Google Calendar and Google Reader on there, together with a weather widget and BBC, Guardian and Irish Times news headlines. I've other things dotted about that I use less frequently and I also have sport and travel tags that I use from time to time. Mostly, however, I use it as a springboard to whatever most grabs my attention when the page opens.

I see that this week is the official week for widgets, so I'll take the opportunity to look again at what I have on my iGoogle page and see if it can be improved - but that's for a later post.

No comments:

Post a Comment