
Delicious is a resource that I think I currently under-use in a personal capacity, tending instead at home to choose URLs from the drop-down list on Firefox (which appears to be a bit more intuitive on a Mac) or Google for things I know I can find. These two Things gave me the chance to play around with the EFL's newish presence on Delicious, adding links, adding more tags to current links, and looking for other Oxford libraries to add to the network. It was interesting to have a good nose around the HFL's list, mostly to see how they're tagging and what they're including - and they're now added to the network (which looks like a handy way to toggle between the two lists). Delicious seems like an easy step-up from a useful links page and the tagging has the obvious advantage of allowing the user to decide what grouping is most important - allowing us to put period tags on links to our electronic resources, for example, to contrast with the current OxLIP+ grouping by type of resource. And something we can all work on without needing special permissions (or much training), which spreads the work and allows everyone to contribute according to their speciality and interest.
No comments:
Post a Comment