Monday, 29 March 2010

Thing 4: Register your 23 Things blog and explore others

I have been exploring other blogs over the course of the 23 Things programme. They have certainly provided encouragement to give it a try as people were clearly using the programme as a means to explore alternatives to their habitual resources/tools and to reflect on how their discovery might be useful within a work context. In particular, I have been keeping an eye on the blogs my colleagues have been keeping, though I hadn't as yet commented in writing - the occasional bit of verbal feedback seemed appropriate as we share an office...

As mentioned in a previous post, I had initially tried blogging to see whether it might be appropriate for the library - namely as a central update point for the dissemination of library information. As it is, the EFL has a Facebook page and now has a presence on Twitter - as well as a website and access to faculty mailing lists. The information used to update the website is sent out in email updates and put on the Facebook page (which then magically appears on Twitter). In transferring the information from the website to Facebook, the content and the tone are often tweaked to reflect the slight shift in formality - something that obviously would not be possible if the transfer was automatic. Nevertheless, blogging for this library is something I will continue to assess.

No comments:

Post a Comment