
I had previously been invited to join LinkedIn by friends, but had been wary of putting information about myself up on the internet with the intention of it being seen (and had other, more social, ways of being in contact with people I know) and so had previously declined these offers. However, with the prompting of 23 Things, I explored LinkedIn a little better and realised that the searchable information could be no more than would be found with a Google search, so I decided to sign up. Within a day, I was found by a library colleague of old - a valid work connection, so I could see the point. However, I'm not sure how much use I will find for this resource in the long run - I'll need to re-evaluate it in future, if/when I have a network of library contacts at my LinkedIn fingertips.
No comments:
Post a Comment