Tuesday, 30 March 2010

Thing 7: Create a Flickr account


I already had a Flickr account, mostly full of tango pictures that I use for another website. In the spirit of trying something new, I decided to use the EFL's Yahoo account (created for Delicious - with no little effort on the part of a colleague) to create an EFL Flickr account, which will hopefully come in handy as a central store for all the different library photos we have scattered across our various staff PCs. I've uploaded some pictures, had a go at tagging them in a vaguely librarian-ish (controlled vocabulary, generally helpful) was, and also tried geotagging for the first time. (As our library is not on Headlington [sic] Hill, the geotagging did require a bit of editing - and I opted for the generic 'Oxford, UK' instead of trying to be any more specific.) I also played around with the permissions and licence - and then on to Picnik...

(April 7th update: have very kindly been allowed to join the Oxford 23 Things Flickr group, so have shared our [admittedly small number of] photos with the group.)

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about the delay - I've just approved your Flickr group membership.

    ReplyDelete